Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post 12

studentsintheclassroom
Watch the video What do students expect from teachers? (2:36) Write one or two paragraphs about how you plan on earning your students' trust and respect. Are you willing to treat ALL students equally? How do you plan to do so? In my classroom, I want each and every one of my students to feel as comfortable as if they were in their own home. I want my classroom to be a warm and welcoming environment and for my students to KNOW that they can come to me for anything and that I will always be there for them through good times and bad. I plan to treat every one of my students with respect so that I can gain their respect in return. I plan to LISTEN to my students. I will make it known from day one that they will abide by my rules so that they will be aware of what the consequences are if my rules aren't followed. Children are more likely to abide by rules if the rules are inforced. I do not believe in "special treatment" or having "favorites". In my classroom, we are all the same. The song "Don't laugh at me" by Mark Wills, has lyrics that say "In God's eyes, were all the same" and I stand by these powerful words. Everyone will be treated the same and equally because that is what we all deserve. No one is any better than someone else is. My classroom will also be a strict "no bully zone" and I absolutely will NOT tolerate bullying of any sort. My students will respect each other and treat others in a way in which they would wish to be treated or they will suffer repercussions. I look forward to having a friendly and welcoming classroom someday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashton! Although helping students learn is a big part of education, I think many people overlook the atmosphere of the classroom. How you treat your students is important, and so is setting up your room so it's functional and inviting, but not distracting. These are the kinds of things we'll have to concentrate on to have a truly effective classroom.

    Don't forget to proofread your posts before you publish them - you've got a broken link in there, as well as words that don't have spaces that should ('Writing a Quality Blog Post', for example). Nothing major, just a heads up!

    Overall, great work!

    ReplyDelete